The Christmas season, for some, rings with the happiness and delight found in holiday celebrations with friends and family. For others, the Christmas season is heavy with the pain of what is no more or grief over what never has been.
But at the center of it all, in every smile and tear, are a people who are filled with an eternal joy celebrating the Promised One.
Advent (“the coming or arrival”) is the season of looking back and looking forward. We are remembering a promise fulfilled, as we also hold tightly to a promise yet to come.
This year Advent begins on November 28th. We are providing some links below to some resources you might find helpful in celebrating Advent.
1. Come, Let Us Adore Him: A Daily Advent Devotional by Paul David Tripp
2. Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus: Experiencing the Peace and Promise of Christmas edited by Nancy Guthrie
3. Love Came Down at Christmas: A Daily Advent Devotional by Sinclair Ferguson https://www.amazon.com/Love-Came-Down…/dp/178498289X4.
4. The Dawn of Redeeming Grace: A Daily Advent Devotional https://www.amazon.com/Dawn-Redeeming-Grace…/dp/1784986380
1. Let Every Heart Prepare Him Room: Daily Family Devotions for Advent by Nancy Guthrie
2. The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His Name by Sally Lloyd Jones
3. Free Jesus Storybook Bible Advent Guide:
On the Sundays of Advent, beginning November 28th, we’ll be taking a break from studying Romans together to examine the great truth that the Word of God became flesh and dwelt among us (John 1:14).